UPDATE: All positions have been filled, thank you for all of you who applied.
Friends, we are just a few weeks away from elections, and in order to increase Latinx participation, COPAL is hiring five people that will focus on phone banking. We aim to generate 20-30 thousand phone calls statewide in the next 8 weeks to get 3-5 thousand pledges. This is one of the varies activities we are implementing to increase participation.
If you know of anyone interested in earning some money while supporting our mission, please do not hesitate to refer them to us. See our new job posting below, or click here to see a PDF version.
Phone voting engagement teller
Communities Organizing Latino Power is hiring voter engagement tellers for the 2018 election cycle. Employment will be up to 10 hours per week, $17 per hour, through the election cycle ending November 6th. These positions seek to increase Latino electoral participation.
- Passionate about engaging Latino voters
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bi-lingual English-Spanish
- Call potential or eligible voters to engage them with participating in the upcoming election
- Support voters with finding their polling places
- Ensure voters have a voting plan
- Identify critical issues that matter to voters.
- Keep accurate records of phone conversations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Tracking activities in the Voter Activation Network
- Occasionally support canvassing activities.
Ideal applicants will be/have:
- Passionate about issues impacting Latinos in Minnesota
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Commit to working 2.5 hours shifts on Tuesday-Fridays from 5:30-8pm for up to 10 hours per week.
- Quick learner
- Strong communication skills
- Tech savvy
To apply To Apply: Send resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “teller.”